Thursday, September 17, 2009

Iterative Catwaxing

So I've been catwaxing on posting about catwaxing (to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion) and honestly, for the last week, I have been working too hard to claim catwaxing at all. Despite being a bit sidelined with an eye infection, I've managed to write over a thousand words on every day except one, and on two of those days I logged over 3,000 words.

This is something like my productivity of yore, before the Dark Days of 2008-2009, where pretty much my process fell into disarray and every word was a struggle. I'm really hoping this means I have my mojo back, because--my mojo, I need it.

However, having accomplished that, and also finished a draft of a novella, and done a whole bunch of other work, I'm rewarding myself with a weekend more or less off. (Even my days off always seem to involve some work, but that's the joy of being self-employed. The work is never actually Someone Else's Problem.)

So I'm going to curl up in my big papa chair and drink tea and watch a whole lot of television.

...which leads me to a catwaxing tool par excellence.

Netflix Watch Instantly.

The thing I love most about it is that there's no commitment. Halfway through a movie, disliking it? Quit! Delete! Move on! You don't even have to get up off the couch to eject it.

Now, that's satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment